Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two-Point Perspective Old Building


Although this project didn't end up perfect, I was pleased with it.  Seeing some parts of it now, I'm wondering what I was thinking, while I'm content with other aspects.  I would have tweaked the small section below the half length window on the right side of the drawing because I don't think it quite fit.  Also, the handrails on the stairs weren't placed where I would have liked them, especially on the left side.  The window ended up shaky, too.  I was happy with the overall impression of the piece, though, and the outline of the windows was accurate, I believe.  I also liked the cylindrical roof.  The hardest part of this piece was making the lines go to a point outside of the paper.  This project helped me learn the basics of 2-pt. perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment