Tuesday, January 15, 2013

4 Steps to Abstraction

I think this was a fun project that looks great upon completion.  I originally planned to draw Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls but, after sketching some rough drafts, decided to switch my focus to the blue shell from Mario Karts.  You know, the one that someone decides to shoot at you when you're in first place and two feet from the finish line.  And there's no avoiding it, and then you sit there while everyone else passes you and you end up in last place.  Choosing this as my focal point for the project was my way of adding my own personal touch to the piece, as I think of the blue shell as a sort of metaphor for life.  Everything is going good, then suddenly BOOM- blue shell!  I hoped to incorporate this idea by using a dramatic red and black cloudy background which would get progressively darker as I move closer to the shell.  Although I did not have the chance to complete this project in class, I have completed my drawings for my final copy and plan to paint the project at home when I find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment